340 E. 3rd St
Ph: (325) 728-8285
Tuesday - Friday
12:00 - 5:00 p.m.
The mission of the Heart of West Texas Museum is to collect, preserve and interpret for the public benefit, education and enjoyment, the historical heritage of Mitchell County and West Texas in general.
The Museum also has a Facebook page which is updated with exhibit information, special events, and pictures from Historical Colorado City.
· Lake Champion Mammoth fossils
· Lone Wolf Creek Prehistoric Bison antiquus
· Kiowa Chief Lone Wolf Exhibit
· Cowboy Displays and Branding Wall
· Farm and Ranch Heritage
· War exhibits featuring a WWII Norden Bombsite
· Missouri & Pacific 13560 Caboose
· Historically restored and period furnished Heritage House
· Much more!!